MARCH 31, 2016: Trillium Asset Management (Trillium) is proud to be a signatory of the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) Initiative, which is an international network of investors.
The Principles reflect the increasing relevance of environmental, social and corporate governance issues to investment practices. By signing, investors commit to:
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes
- Be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry
- Work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles
- Report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles
The report framework helps build a common language, and industry standard, for reporting responsible investment activities and to be a tool to facilitate dialogue between investors and their clients, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
Trillium’s PRI report for the 12-month period ending September 30, 2015 can be downloaded here.